World

Princess Maria Teresa becomes first royalty to die of COVID-19

TPE Correspondent

New Delhi March 30

Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma in Spain passed away on Thursday due to complications related to the novel coronavirus-induced COVID-19, according to an ANI report. The news of the demise of the 86-year-old princess, who was a cousin of Spain’s King Felipe VI, was announced by her brother Prince Sixto Enrique de Borbon on Facebook. The post said that she was a victim of COVID-19 and she died in Paris.

The news came a few weeks after King Felipe VI tested negative for the infection which has killed over 30,000 people across the globe. A funeral service for Princess Maria Teresa was held a day after her demise in Madrid on Friday.

Spain has become that second worst-hit nation after Italy and on Saturday announced stricter measures to deal with the outbreak. It has witnessed 5,690 deaths, after reporting 832 deaths within the last 24 hours, the highest number of single-day deaths reported in the country so far.

On the other hand, a few days ago, UK’s Prince Charles became the first royal to have tested positive for COVID-19, the prince was showing mild symptoms but was otherwise doing well and working from home.

Related posts

Trump said USA has “passed COVID-19 peak”

KomalSingla

WHO chief praises PM Modi’s for helping poor

KomalSingla

Iraqi PM tells US to decide mechanism for troop withdrawal

KomalSingla

Leave a Comment