Nation World

‘No need for third party in dispute with India’: China

TPE Correspondent

New Delhi May 29th

Day after US President Donald Trump said that he is ready to mediate between India and China to resolve the current border issues, Beijing on Friday rejected the offer, saying “there is no need for the third party in a border dispute with India”.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said India and China do not want the “intervention” from a third party to resolve the current military standoff. “Between China and India we have existing border-related mechanisms and communication channels,” Zhao said when asked about Trump’s offer.

“We are capable of properly resolving the issues between us through dialogue and consultation. We do not need the intervention of the third party,” he said. US President Donald Trump had earlier offered to “mediate or arbitrate” the raging border dispute between India and China and said that he was “ready, willing and able” to ease the tensions, amid the continuing standoff between the armies of the two Asian giants.

Trump on Thursday also said that he also spoke with Prime Minister Narendra Modi about the border conflict with China, adding that the Indian Prime Minister is not in a “good mood” over the “big conflict” with Beijing.

“They have a big conflict …India and China. Two countries with 1.4 billion people (each). Two countries with very powerful militaries. India is not happy and probably China is not happy,” he said. However, Indian government sources issued a clarification over Trump’s statements and said that there has been “no recent contact between the two leaders”.

“There has been no recent contact between PM Modi and US President Trump. The last conversation between them was on 4 April 2020 on the subject of Hydroxychloroquine. Yesterday, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) had also made it clear that we’re directly in touch with China through established mechanisms and diplomatic contacts,” ANI quoted the government as saying.

Several areas along the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh and North Sikkim have witnessed major military build-up by both the Indian and Chinese armies recently, in a clear signal of escalating tension and hardening of respective positions by the two sides even two weeks after they were engaged in two separate face-offs.

India has said the Chinese military was hindering normal patrolling by its troops along the LAC in Ladakh and Sikkim and strongly refuted Beijing’s contention that the escalating tension between the two armies was triggered by trespassing of Indian forces across the Chinese side.

Related posts

Thackeray seeks guidelines from center to send back migrant workers

KomalSingla

Rajnath Singh holds high level meeting with CDS General Bipin Rawat, 3 service chiefs

KomalSingla

IDMA Gujarat Chairman: No shortage of Hydroxychloroquine in India

KomalSingla

Leave a Comment