Nation

Congress walks out after Rajnath Singh’s statement on India-China tension

TPE Correspondent

New September 15th

he Congress party staged a walkout in the Lok Sabha today after Defence Minister Rajnath Singh made a statement in the House regarding the ongoing border conflict with China in eastern Ladakh. Walking out of the House, the Congress said the Modi government is running away from a debate on the Ladakh crisis.

“Why is the government running away from a debate if it believes all is well on the Line of Actual Control,” a Congress leader asked. Congress sources said their MPs were not allowed to speak on “such a crucial issue” in the Lok Sabha. “We wanted clarifications on certain issues but the Speaker didn’t allow us to speak. We will keep pressing for a debate on the issue,” another Congress leader said.

Speaking about the matter, Congress’ leader in the Lok Sabha, Adhir Ranjan Chaudhary said, “During the 1962 war, Atal Bihar Vajpayee had demanded discussion on the ongoing war and Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru had agreed to hold a two-day discussion in Parliament.” Hitting out at the Modi government, Congress spokesperson Randeep Singh Surjewala said the country stands united with the defence forces but the defence minister must explain how did the Chinese manage to occupy Indian territory.

“Why did PM Modi mislead the nation by saying China has not entered into our territory? When will you push back the Chinese from our territory? When will you give a befitting reply to China for this transgression?” Surjewala asked. Meanwhile, earlier in his statement in the Lok Sabha, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said India has conveyed to China that its attempt to forcibly alter the Sino-Indian boundary is not acceptable at all.

He said since April, India has seen increase in troops and weapons deployment along LAC in Ladakh. “China’s violent conduct along LAC is a violation of all existing agreements. There was a face-off in Galwan on June 15 in which Indian forces inflicted heavy casualties on Chinese forces,” Rajnath Singh said.

The defence minister added, “India is committed to peacefully resolve the border stand-off with China and the Indian forces are determined to protect security and sovereignty of the country.”

Related posts

India replaces Italy to claim 5th spot in coronavirus fatalities, recovery rate improves

KomalSingla

CRPF jawan shoots 2 officers dead on poll duty in Jharkhand

KomalSingla

Hathras Rape Case: ‘Won’t bow down’, says Rahul Gandhi after arrest

KomalSingla

Leave a Comment